The health and safety of our guests is one of our highest priorities.
Our Covid-19 policies are based on current UK government guidelines and are being
constantly reviewed and updated based on the latest advice.
We have updated our terms and conditions to take account of Covid-19 and will continue to be as flexible and accommodating for our guests as we possibly can be.
Some of the things we are doing to help minimise risk:
- Our housekeeping team wear gloves, visors or masks and aprons whilst cleaning.
- We take extra time and care to sanitise door handles, light switches, remote controls
and any regularly touched areas.
- We air the cottages thoroughly.
- We provide hand sanitiser and viral wipes in the cottages.
- Regularly touched places such as shared gates and doors are sanitised daily.
- We ask that all guests follow current government guidelines on social distancing and washing hands regularly.
- It is really important to us that you feel relaxed and refreshed when you return home so we ask you to do the minimum when you leave:
- Open some windows on each floor
- Leave the bed made with the cushions and quilt folded on the side
- Leave the fridge empty
- Leave the kitchen waste in the kitchen bin
- Deposit any recycling in the recycling bin in the laundry.
Get the most from your break:
- Be patient! Lots of businesses are working with restricted capacity!
- Check any restrictions, tickets or bookings required for the places you’re visiting.
- Book restaurants in advance.
Covid Friendly T&Cs:
- When there is either a national or local lockdown that overlaps with your holiday we will offer a full refund.
- We don’t cover you for being ill with Covid, or having to self-isolate however, we will endeavour to rebook the property and, if successful, we will refund monies paid less the deposit.
- This eventuality is covered on many bank travel insurance policies, and can also be covered by UK travel insurance, which we would strongly advise. You can see our full cancellation terms here.